Jason Patrick Hochfelder M.D.
Dr. Hochfelder is originally from Briarcliff Manor and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Johns Hopkins University where he graduated with honors and was a starting pitcher and an Academic All-American on their championship baseball team. He received his medical degree from NYU School of Medicine and went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency at the prestigious Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York, NY. Following his residency, Dr. Hochfelder completed a one-year fellowship at the world famous Insall, Scott, Kelly Institute focused on primary, complex, and revision hip and knee replacements, as well as joint preservation.
As part of his training, Dr. Hochfelder received specialized training in robotic assisted partial knee replacements, hip arthroscopy, cartilage preserving and restoring procedures, and minimally invasive hip and knee replacements, including the anterior approach for hip replacements. As a result of his specialized training in all aspects of hip and knee surgery, Dr. Hochfelder is able to tailor treatments individually to each patient.
Dr. Hochfelder has published articles in several peer-reviewed journals and presented his research and techniques at national and international forums. Dr. Hochfelder is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- 2014-2015 – Insall Scott Kelly Institute, New York, NY, Fellow in Hip and Knee Surgery
- 2009-2014 – NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY, Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2005-2009 – New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, Medical Doctor
- 2005-2009 – The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- Current: American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Current: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Current: Medical Society of the State of New York and Westchester County (MSSNY)
- 2014: Resident Advisory Board: American Journal of Orthopaedics
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Award of Excellence American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 2005 Bachelor of Arts degree with University Honors
2001-2005 Varsity Baseball Team, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Selected to the All-Conference Team: 2005
- Selected to the Academic All-Conference Team: 2004-05
- ESPN – The Magazine, Academic All-Region 1st Team: 2005
- Selected to the Jewish Sports Review 1st Team All-American: 2005
- 2012 NYU Men’s Basketball Assistant Team Physician
- 2010 NYS PSAL Assistant Team Physician High School Football
- 2010 NYU Women’s Volleyball Assistant Team Physician
Research Experience /Publications
- Surgical Approaches in Total Knee Arthroplasty: Standard and Minimally Invasive Techniques. Insall and Scott Surgery of the Knee 6th Addition
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Hochfelder J, Khatib O, Glait S, Slover J. Treatment Trends of Femoral Neck Fractures in New York State. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma 2014
- Hochfelder J, Rybak LD, Garcia R, Wittig JC. Orthopaedic case of the month: A 30-year-old woman with a painful forearm mass. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010
- Oni J, Hochfelder J, Dayan A. “Patellofemoral Arthroplasty” Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases March 2014
- Glait, SA, Hochfelder J, Slover J. “Bilateral Total Hip Replacements in New York State” Journal of Arthroplasty 2015
- Hershman S, Hochfelder J Dean L, Lonner B. Spondylolisthesis in Patients
with Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: Results of Surgical Intervention. Spine Deformity July 2013 Vol1, Issue 4. 280-286.
- Hochfelder J, Fetto J. “Phialophora verrucosa as a cause of deep infection following total knee arthroplasty” Journal of Orthopaedics Nov 2013
- Arno S, Fetto J, Hochfelder J, Walker P et al. Evaluation of Femoral Strain Distribution Resulting From Implantation with Varying Stem Lengths. Final report submitted to Lima Corporate. June 2012
Abstracts / Presentations
- Hochfelder J, Scott WN, Long WL. Total Knee Replacement After Knee Arthroscopy; Poster Presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; Orlando, Fl, March 2016
- Hochfelder J, Iorio R, Adler E et al. Revision THA with a Modular Femoral Component; Podium and Poster at Eastern Orthopaedic Association 2014, Amelia Island FL and World Arthroplasty Conference 2015, Paris, France
- Hochfelder J, Davidovitch R. Anterior Approach to Total Hip Replacement: Scientific Exhibit AAOS Annual Meeting 2014, New Orleans, LA, Award of Excellence
- Glait S, Hochfelder J, Slover J, et al. Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty in New York State. Presented at the Sir Robert Jones Scientific Program at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 2014
- Arno S, Fetto J, Hochfelder J, Walker P et al. Evaluation of Femoral Strain Distribution Resulting From Implantation with Varying Stem Lengths. Presented at International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty Annual Congress Palm Beach, FL ,2013.
- Hochfelder J,Khatib O, Glait S, Slover J. Treatment Trends of Femoral Neck Fractures in New York State. Is the Rate of THA Increasing? Presented at the Sir Robert Jones Scientific Program at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases. New York, NY 2013 and World Arthroplasty Conference 2015, Paris, France
- Egol KE, Hochfelder J, Atanda A, Hamula M. Removal of a Broken Intramedullary Nail and Exchange Nailing for Tibial Nonunion. Multimedia presentation at AAOS annual meeting Chicago, IL 2013
- Hochfelder J , Hershman S, Dean L, Lonner B. Surgical Outcomes in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis with or without Spondylolisthesis. Podium Presentation at Scoliosis Research Society Annual Meeting Sept 2012, Chicago, IL
- Hershman S, Dean L, Hochfelder J, Lonner B. “The Prevalence of Spondylolisthesis in AIS and the Results of Surgical Intervention” Podium Presentation AAOS Annual Meeting 2010, New Orleans, LA